Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Having Fun

                                 Having Fun
   How we have fun is different for each of us.  You may find riding a motorcycle fun, but it would scare me to death.  Watching an old movie I saw Tom Cruse and Carmen Diaz on a motorcycle run with the bulls.
That was fun.
   But what I enjoy most is having friends in; serving them tea with something I’ve baked.   This week I did just that.

   The conversation was mostly light. The tea was from Savannah; I baked the French macaroons; and we had fun.
   The macaroons were more than I bargained for.  The recipe came from King Arthur Flour, and I doubt if I ever bake them again.
  The highlight of the outing came when I gave each of the ladies a bouquet to take home.  One said she was going to share hers with a sick friend.  The other was pleased that  the closed buds of iris would last for days.
   To be able to share my flowers was fun.
   Today I planted a row of zinnias and cosmos.  In September when bouquets may be scarce, hopefully I’ll have something to share.  My row garden space has gotten smaller and smaller.  But there was room for a row of zinnias
   I hope you can find a spot for a row of flowers that will bring you joy in sharing.  Sharing is so much fun.
   .

No comments:

Post a Comment