Thursday, July 13, 2017

Where Is the Fun in Summer Gardening?



      All is not sweetness and light in my garden.  In fact I am at war.  The adversaries are Japanese Beetles and Canadian Thistle.  The battle has been going on for years and I am loosing.
   My defense for the beetles was to scrape them into a sudsy container early in the morning before they could fly.  Then I read that garlic planted near by was a deterrent.  This spring I used the systemic on the roses (should have started the process earlier and used more).  Besides still mutilating the rose they have invaded nearby hibiscus and far-away basil.   My beautiful basil in the herb pot.  Well, it was once beautiful.
   Canadian Thistle.  We have been fighting for years.  And loosing. Pulling, or hoeing  is a no-no.  Round-up is futile.   Nobody seems to have an answer.
   My hope is that someone, private or general can help.  Won’t someone please rescue me.?
   Thankfully there is some peace  in my garden world.
Container pot with impatiens, coleus and the white stuff

       

Begonias in flower box, one of the best plants this year.



A real beauty.Hydrangea Tree. 


No comments:

Post a Comment