Thursday, August 2, 2018

Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie, Guests, Old Movies



     My guests called and said they were enjoying the miles long or something yard sale in Tennessee.  They wouldn’t be arriving today but tomorrow. 
    There was nothing to do but watch Turner Classic Movies. I recognized the leading lady as Myrna Loy, but for the life of me I couldn’t remember the lead male actor’s name. 
   My dad didn’t go in for romantic comedy when he  took mother and us  children to the movies.  He liked Gary Cooper and Gene Autry.  But I couldn’t place that fellow.  Was his name Douglas, or something.   It was a completely absurd movie, but that happens now-a-days, too.  I continued watching.  Myrna was so thin, did she eat anything?  I liked her hair style, just like what was popular in the 40’s.. Yes, I know what was popular in the 40’s. 
   Was it Bryon Douglas?, That was it.   Not an actor to remember.  But he was funny, in a subtle way.
   I relaxed, no more thinking of what I was preparing for dinner, laughed a little. 

  Then the movie was over and the credits rolled on.  Yes, Myrna Loy, but Melvin  Douglas?  Yes, Melvin Douglas   I can’t recall a movie I ever saw him in.  He’s no Cary Grant. 
   The afternoon was gone, the peanut butter-chocolate pie I had prepared for guests will hold until tomorrow and I had a few laughs.  It is a good day.
                                          Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
Crust
3 Tbsp.  sugar
7 Tbsp. butter melted
10 sheets of graham crackers
Crush g. crackers and combine with sugar and butter.  Press in 9 inch pie
Pan and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350.  Cool.
Filling
2 Tbsp. butter
½ cup ;heavy whipping cream, divided
3 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup plus 2 Tbs. B. sugar
Combine in pan 1//3 cup B. sugar, 1/4 cup cream, 2 Tbsp. butter. Stir and cook until sugar is dissolved and butter melted. Cool.
  In a bowl combine cooked mixture with ½ cup peanut butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Blend well, Cool.
Whip 1/4 cup cream and 2 Tbsp. B. sugar. Gently fold cream  into peanut butter mixture.  . Pour mixture into cooled crust.  Chill.
Chocolate Ganache Topping
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
½ cup heavy whipping cream. 
Microwave for 30 seconds in heavy bowl.  Stir. Microwave 30 seconds, remove and stir until combined. 
When ganache is at room temp and pie is well set, spread chocolate on top of pie.  May top with a few g. cracker crumbs

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your post today .
    I like Turner Classic Movies also and peanut butter pie😉

    ReplyDelete